Friday, March 16, 2007

BILLY THE KID WINS SXSW 2007!

After facing the challenge of other talented filmmakers and tornado watches during our screenings, Billy the Kid still managed to sell out and take the Grand Jury Prize for Best Documentary Feature @ SXSW 2007!

Below is an excerpt from indiewire



Interestingly, Sundance Channel sees Billy The Kid as a real life Napolean Dynamite.


Check out indiewire for more about Billy The Kid

There are some interesting comments about the Q & A following our premiere screening on The Porcupine School of Poetry, and more reviews on PROBLOG and New York Press

1 comment:

Billy The Kid said...

Ana said...

Hi Jennifer.

So nice to see you and Nina in Austin. Really, Billy the Kid was fantastic. I'm so damn glad I ran through the treacherous storm to be there. It changed the way I felt about documentaries in general. I'm always wondering why people choose to capture the things they do. Usually I feel like it's to remind us that life is hard, we're all gonna die, and there's nothing we can do about it. Billy's story is the exact opposite. I was overwhelmed by the way he spoke, so honest and on point about things we all think about but never feel warranted enough to articulate. One of those sunshine flicks that tells a super particular story that reaches and touches all of us universally.

I'm so proud and excited for you. Thanks for pushing me to go. When I got to the Hannah after party I plugged that shit like they'd all just missed the chance of a lifetime.

See you back in NYC.

xo Ana